It is difficult to deal with a narcissist when you are a grown, independent, fully functioning adult. The children of narcissists have an especially difficult burden, for they lack the knowledge, power, and resources to deal with their narcissistic parents without becoming their victims. Whether cast into the role of Scapegoat or Golden Child, the Narcissist's Child never truly receives that to which all children are entitled: a parent's unconditional love. Start by reading the 46 memories--it all began there.

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Didn't get invited to the Facebook group?

Nearly one third of the invitations for the Facebook group that I sent have not been accepted, so I am concerned that they may have gone astray. If you sent me an email requesting entry to the Facebook group and are disappointed that you didn't hear back from me, we may be having a communication problem.

Please go to the email address from which you sent your request and check for a mail from me. I have replied to every request I have received, and I replied within 24 hours of receiving your request. So if you don't have a reply from me, one of two things happened...I mistyped your email address when I sent your invitation or I never received your request in the first place.

The group has more than 20 members at present and is going well...the members are chatting with each other and offering comfort, support and helpful advice. If you wish to be a part of this new and growing community of people who "get" what is going on with you and your dysfunctional family, send me an email (use the form at the bottom of this page) and tell me a little about why you would like to join. ALL invitations go via email, so be sure to include the email address you would like me to sent the invitation to.

Hugs to you all,

Violet




No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't publish rudeness, so please keep your comments respectful, not only to me, but to those who comment as well. We are not all at the same point in our recovery.

Not clear on what constitutes "rudeness"? You can read this blog post for clarification: http://narcissistschild.blogspot.com/2015/07/real-life-exchange-with-narcissist.html#comment-form